1. Personal details:
26, Route du Village, 1066, Epalinges, Switzerland
+41 79 315 81 19
Place of Birth:
Date of Birth:
27 October 1972
Belgian (Switzerland C Permit )
Unmarried partners, Two Children
1st Cycle : Institute St -Joseph Rochefort (Math-Sciences)
2nd Cycle : ITCF Jemelle (Math-Sciences)
2 Years Graduate in “Kinesitherapie” ISEK, Bruxelles
3. Employment Experiences:
Wipro Limited detached at Nespresso, CDI, 02.2017 - NOW
Lead Consultant in Band C1 -- Senior Linux System Admin
- Manage Nespresso middleware applications eCommerce platform for production and non-prod environment ( NC2, NC3 DAM, ACM, ...) Patching: OS patching (Red Hat), rollout, Quaterly Release, weekly change, ...
- Manage and implement new incoming IT projects.
- On call support (3rd level) on Middleware and e-commerce applications.
- Migration of many applications with minimum impact on business continuity.
- Puppet module maintenance for all internal modules ( hybris, haproxy, nginx, varnish, nesclub2, ecom, ...)
- Development of Rundeck & Jenkins jobs, bash scripts, Puppet config, Varnish config, … (Administration, Support, ...)
Blue-Infinity detached at Nespresso, CDI, 02.2014 - 02.2017
Senior Linux System Admin
Responsible for eCommerce platform NC2 & NC3 (Patching, 3rd level Support, Rollout, ... )
Puppet module maintenance for all internal modules.
Responsible of Atlassian products: JIRA – Confluence – Stash (Administration, upgrade, module config, Support, ... )
Development of Rundeck & Jenkins jobs, bash scripts, Puppet config, …
Linalis detached at International Labour Office, CDD, 14.05.2013 - 23.12.2013
Linux System Admin
- In charge of the migration of all Linux Sles Servers to last Service release Pack (Sles 9 SP1 to SP4 ; Sles 10 SP1 to Sles 10 SP4 ; Sles 11 SP1 to SP2).
- It was concerning 200 servers running applications like Apache, Zope, Oracle, ...
- In charge of implementation of a Centralized Authentication solution against Windows AD (LDAPS, PAM ) and enhancement of Linux system logging , Sudo integration.
- Linux Support.
Abissa Mission at World Economic Forum, Cologny, CDD, 01.09.2012 - 30.11.2012
Linux System Specialist
- Zabbix map and triggers creation for monitoring all systems (ESX servers, Virtual and physical servers, network devices) and services based in China, New-York and Geneva.
- Creation of a Kiosk system under Linux for World Economic Forum conferences.
- System administration and support for administrating Linux servers.
- Support 1st & 2 level (Windows server and Laptop, blackberry) to World Economic Forum users.
Adecco Mission at IBM SA CAB, Prilly, CDD, 10.01.2011 - 02.12.2011
IT Specialist Scheduler
- Scheduling through Control-M & Monitoring of IBM AIX / Windows systems for Deutsche Bank Switzerland.
- Daily administrative tasks as backup, Database restores & application restores, application updates through scripts, file transfer, …
- Working alone and in team, making daily shift (6 Am – 2 Pm, 2 Pm – 8 Pm, 8 Pm – 6 Am) & on call the week-end and when necessary.
Linalis consultant detached on BOBST SA, CDD, 14.06.2010 - 31.12.2010
Linux System Engineer
- Second level IT support for resolution of all Bobst daily issue.
- Responsible during the time there of all specifics Linux & UNIX issue resolution.
- Creation of some optimized SLES Linux VMware templates (SLES 10 SP3, SLES 11 SP0&SP1), containing all Bobst tools (Backup networker, UC4 scheduler, Oracle DB, zabbix agent …) deployed with a bash script setting up all the servers in one step.
- Creation of some optimized Debian Load balancer VMware templates using Haproxy & heartbeat cluster technology, containing all Bobst tools (Backup networker, UC4 scheduler, zabbix agent …) and used for load balancing Bobst internal Server.
- Those servers were deployed though a 10 steps interactive scripts and monitored through Zabbix for which new specific Zabbix templates were created.
- Responsible of upgrade of the Bobst SAP Veritas cluster, for which a SLES11 SP0 deployment autoyast has been created and setup with post-script Bobst software installation.
- Development& Installation of open-source solutions & scripts.
- Wrote and update several documentations and how-to for Bobst Internal usage
Léman Emploi,CDD, 01.10.2009 - 31.12.2009
- Migration of existing Linux Web server to a bulletproof solution using Debian as OS and raid Linux software as first level of backup.
- Migration of existing workgroup to a complete domain controller using domain policy, user policy and managing domain dns.
- Creation of automated backup script using .tar (compression), sftp (sent protocol) and gpg (for encryption) to remote infomaniak web server.
- Administration of internal web server portals running with Mysql, php5 and apache 2
- Installation of a Linux Firewall using Iptables and monitoring all the network and station using zabbix (zabbix agent on remote computer)
- Administration of web server of the association and related user mail accounts.
- The advice, assistance and training for internal users and external one’s.
GTECH (Detached on Swiss Romande Lottery Site), CDI, 05.12.2005 - 30.06.2009
Operation Analyst Level II
- Operation Analyst level 1 (2005 -2006) then Operation Analyst level 2 (2006-2009)
- Detached from GTECH Belgium Company on Romande Lottery customer site and working alone.
- Playing a key role on Lottery customer site for:
- Implementation of all new Software’s on host systems (AIX, Windows & Linux) and all lottery terminals on the field (Linux)
- Management of solution implemented ( resolution of issues, monitoring of systems, first level of escalation list for the customer 24/24 and responsible of keeping at 100% systems up & running)
- Interface for GTECH on customer site (reporting issue, debugging, testing)
- Development of “bash” script and “C” executables on hosts system for operator low level menu.
- Responsible of hardware maintenance and interface between GTECH, Romande Swiss Lottery & IBM Switzerland.
- Responsible of all the documentations released and provided to the customer.
IBM Belgium, CDD, 16.09.2002 - 30.11.2004
- Playing a key role in keeping permanently up and running the systems of customers as Deutsch Bank, KBC, Lhoist, Solvay, etc…as well as some IBM internal ones.
- Closely monitoring of UNIX & NT systems with the use of Tivoli and Linux Net saint Nagios.
- Analyze of problems and resolution depending the case directly on systems through Ssh, Vnc, and IBM Director.
- Execution and monitoring of Clients Backups (Tivoli Storage Manager , shark, Backup-Exec)
- Responsible of keeping up to date the customers documentation and tools
Hellea Sprl, CDD, 01.08.2002 - 31.08.2002
- Maintenance and monitoring alone of the Hellea Linux Network LAN during 3 weeks.
- Installation and configuration for Hellea of a remote Network Back-up solution through encrypted tunnel (based on rdiff and Ssh); Backup was generated automatically and replicate automatically through the encrypted tunnel.
- Installation and configuration for Hellea of a Jabber Instant Message Server and all associate services.
Arkanos ASBL (Owner), 15.01.2002 - 14.11.2005
- Installation and configuration of computer for Arkanos clients( Linux Workstation & Server)
- Specific implementation and development for clients.
Arafox SCRL, CDI, 15.06.2001 - 31.12.2001
- System administration under Linux on-site, remotely or in internal
- Network administration of the Arafox and the “IDE” center LAN.
- Implementation from scratch of services:
- Firewall, Mail Server, Web Server, File Server, Print Sharing
- Resolution of technical problems
- Installation & Configuration for the “IDE” Center of a Computer Training Room containing a network of 12 workstations. Computer images (Windows 2000, Linux Debian), network LAN, file server were managed on a central Linux Debian Server.
Implementation for clients of specific Open Source Solutions (DB Server, File server, mail server, web server, etc...)
Sales + Dendrite Europe, CDI, 18.10.1999 - 15.06.2001
Technical Support & Junior IT
- Installation & configuration on NT server implemented with a Sybase SQL DB and in replication with a central server DB via FTP & Mail client...
- Configuration of clients’ computer (workstation & laptop) implemented with the Sales+ Software and fine-tuning.
- Management of replicate internal DB (replicate process, back up, extraction of new client DB, update...)
- Resolution of hardware and software problems for clients or in internal (on site, remotely or by phone)
- Frequent travel for clients in Europe (Germany, Holland, Portugal, …)
Sanofi ~ Synthélabo, CDD, 01.02.1999 - 01.10.1999
- Installation and configuration of Computer and Laptops (with Windows NT & 9X)
- Network administration (access right to RAS, File server, print sharing, etc...)
- Working remotely via PC-Anywhere on client computers
- Resolution of Hard & Soft ware problems....
- Phone Support
MCH, CDD, 15.05.1998 - 20.12.1998
- Installation and configuration of computers for clients...
- Hardware Installation (CD-Rom, Ram, network cards, etc...)
- In charge of returning non functioning hardware ...
4. Additional Information & specific skills:
4.1 Language knowledge:
good knowledge (read – speak – write)
4.2 Informatics Knowledge
- Red Hat
- Linux From Scratch LFS
- AIX & HP UX
- VMS (basic)
- Windows Workstation 95, 98, XP, Vista NT
- Windows Server NT, 2000, 2003, 2008
- Network Protocols
- VPN Protocols
- Routing protocols
- Ipchains && netfilter
- Network Protocols
- IBM db2
- Rdiff through Ssh
- TSM (Tivoli Storage Manager)
- Veritas backup
- VMware, ESX, Vsphere
- Programing languages:
- C & C++
4.3 Public Profile on Linkedin with recommendations :
4.4 Download Frédéric Fokan Documents :
Technical CV Frédéric Fokan English ( Microsoft Word Format ) link
- Technical CV Frédéric Fokan English ( PDF Format ) link
- Certificat d'enseignement Secondaire Supérieur ( PDF Format ) link
- Certificat Institiut d'enseignement supérieur Paramédical Kinésithérapie ISEK ( PDF Format ) link
Certificat Microsoft Windows ( PDF Format ) link
- Certificate of Training Gtech ( PDF Format ) link
- Certification ITIL V3 Foundation ( PDF Format ) link
- Certification LPIC-1 (PDF Format) link
- Certification Novell Certified Linux Administrator (PDF Format) link
- Certificat de Travail Gtech ( PDF Format ) link
- Certificat de Travail Léman Emploi ( PDF Format ) link
- Certificat de Travail Linalis -- Bobst ( PDF Format ) link
- Certificat de Travail Adecco -- IBM ( PDF Format ) link
- Certificat de Travail Abissa -- World Economic Forum ( PDF Format) link
- Certificat de Travail Linalis -- International Labour Office (PDF Format) link
- Certificat de Travail Blue-Infinity -- Nespresso (PDF Format) link